Friday, January 22, 2010

Freedom costs a buck o' five...

Is this what will happen to us after the Paleo Challenge?
Guinness Factory Dublin, Ireland 2007

The title has nothing to do with what I'm going to post. I just like that song.

Breakfast:
Two scrambled eggs with 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 banana
16 oz. skim cappuccino

Lunch:
Apple with sunbutter
Almonds, dried fruit (strawberries, blueberries, apricots, cherries)
Water

Dinner:
Grilled chicken (salt, pepper, olive oil) over laitues miniatures (how cute is that? okay - baby lettuces) with red grapes, almonds, avocado, cilantro, dried cherries, and strawberries. I put fat free raspberry dressing on it. Wasn't feeling the basic olive oil and balsamic vinegar thing. Sometimes the vinegar is too strong for me.

So I realized a couple things today. 1) I have no idea how to work this blog. I inadvertently added myself as a follower to my blog ("Allow myself to introduce myself"), and now I can't figure out how to remove it. And I have no clue how to make my picture visible to other people. Oh and there's more I have no clue about, so maybe I'll figure it out this weekend.

2) I'm not a fan of working out alone anymore. I'll do it, but it's not as much fun as having people yell at you to keep going. I've gotten so used to having people around offering encouragement that I look around my gym and think about telling people to step it up! Mostly because they need to. Seriously, if you're reading a magazine while you're "working out" you're not working out. Slackers.



Tonight I warmed up with squats, jacks, sit ups and walking on the treadmill. I also threw on some boxing gloves and hit the punching bag. No, I beat the crap out of the bag. I haven't thrown punches in a while and it felt amazing. I worked on my jabs, uppercuts, and hooks.

WOD:
20, 12, 8 full push ups

Bench: 50#, 55#, 60# +7

Metcon: 5:06 I wouldn't mind doing this one again. I think I could get sub 5.
30# SDHP/Push Press (3:05)
500m row 2:01



No comments:

Post a Comment