I'm starting my very first blog. Here I get to blab about two of my favorite things in the world: Food and exercise! Two things I've loved forever and felt so passionate about I pursued degrees in (BS in nutrition & dietetics and then an MS in exercise physiology and cardiac rehab).
I always have believed that striking a healthy balance between mind, body, & soul was extremely important in life. If I had become a registered dietitian (as planned) I would have spent my time teaching that when it came to helping people lose weight.
In many ways exercise has become a mirror to how I view life. When you exercise, if you're going to grow stronger you need to push yourself through the temporary pain and discomfort of lifting heavier weights or running faster, because otherwise, you'll never progress.
In my opinion, life is about change and continuously gathering the strength to keep going. Not that life is always tough, but personally I never want to sit still for too long. I always want to strive for more - whatever "more" is. It's amazing how good one can feel when a PR or any goal is achieved. The sense of accomplishment is inspiring. It makes you realize you are capable of so much more than you thought and that you should never stop pushing forward. And when you feel like quitting it's so important to have support around you (i.e., CFC, friends, etc.) to cheer you on. Because sometimes in those moments you don't recognize your own potential as clearly as someone else does. Sometimes just knowing that someone else believes in you is enough to keep you fighting.
Breakfast:
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 cup grapes
12 oz skim cappuccino
Lunch:
Salad with salmon, cucumber, squash, sundried tomatoes, carrots, onion
banana chips for dessert
Dinner:
Salmon (again) with lime juice, salt and pepper and cilantro.
1 tablespoon of sunbutter
I'm still eating dairy. I know it's not paleo, but I'm really just eating it at breakfast. The biggie for me is that I'm not eating grains, cereals, etc. Bread, cereals and grains are like crack for me. I go back and forth feeling like I need "a hit". All the more reason to give it a break :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment